The 5-Quart TakeAway Recovery System is an ideal solution for the safe collection and proper treatment of sharps. This system is ideal for use in professional healthcare offices or in the hospitality industry (restrooms) for public sharps disposal.
This system includes:
- One 5-quart sharps container for the collection of sharps and other used healthcare products
- A single prepaid return shipping box for returning materials through UPS for proper treatment
- Proof of treatment through SharpTracer
Container Features and Benefits
- Anti-kickback lid
- Automatic shut off prevents overfilling
- Bold, red “FULL” indicator to change the container
- Locking tabs for extra safety during final closure
Special Note: Customers in Alaska, Hawaii and US Territories (Guam, Puerto Rico and the United States Virgin Islands) must purchase through Customer Support at 800.772.5657 as the price for use varies in these areas.
- Additional Information
Brand Covidien Size 5-Quart Item Number #80501 Container Dimensions 12.25"L x 4.75"W x 10.5"H System Dimensions 14"L x 7.75"W x 15.25"H Max Return Weight 10 Lbs. Waste Type Sharps and Used Healthcare Materials Authorization Number Exempt
- Who Is It For?
- Retail Clinics
- Dental Offices
- Medical Offices
- Long Term Care Facilities
- State and Federal Government
- Veterinary Hospitals
- Shopping Centers
- Urgent Care
- Schools and Universities
- Emergency Health Services
- How Do I Use It?
Designed for point-of-use collection, the 5-quart sharps containers are engineered with controls to prevent overfilling and limit accidental or intentional access to the container contents. Place properly segregated used healthcare products, including sharps, directly into the sharps container. Complete system comes with all UPS components for repackaging and shipping for proper treatment. Tracking of proper treatment is available through SharpsTracer.