Fall 2018 Scholarship Essay Contest Winners
- 1st place: Kendra D. — Troy University
- 2nd place: Kendra W. — University of Rhode Island
- 3rd place: Eiman E. — University of Pennsylvania
To be eligible to win Sharps' scholarship, you must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen and have been accepted to or be currently enrolled full-time as an undergraduate, in an accredited university for the Fall 2018 semester in healthcare related studies. Proof of eligibility may be required.
Topic: Reducing the Opioid Epidemic
You have seen the recent news about the opioid epidemic that has surfaced in the United States. Drug overdose deaths, due to the drug addiction and the opioid crisis plaguing the US, is now the leading cause of unintentional deaths, impacting nearly every community across all 50 states. Please describe in detail how a drug collection program could be successful using local drug stores as the collection point with a pharmaceutical collection receptacle, such as the Sharps MedSafe. What conditions must be met in the pharmacy?
Rules and Regulations
- There is no entry fee or cost to the writer. No funds will be solicited by Sharps Compliance, Inc., now or at any time in the future with regard to this scholarship.
- The scholarship is not open to persons, or relatives, previously or currently affiliated with Sharps Compliance, Inc., in any capacity.
- All essays submitted become property of Sharps Compliance, Inc.
- Submissions must be 1,250 to 1,500 words.
- Essays are to be submitted with a signed copy of this form.
- You may submit your essay via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Attn: Michele Guzman, Sharps Compliance, Inc., 9220 Kirby Drive, Ste. 500, Houston, TX 77054.
- Cash prizes will be made payable to individual first, second and third place winners.
- Sharps Compliance Inc. reserves the right to pay cash prizes directly to the winner's university.
- The essays will be judged by a panel of individuals selected by Sharps Compliance Inc., whose decisions are final. No discussions or rationale for their decision will be given.
- Please include contact information, as winners will be contacted via phone or email.
- All sources must be cited properly in order to be eligible to win.
Direct any questions you may have to email@example.com
For official entry form for contest click here
For additional resources, try Cappex Scholarships.