Fall 2021 Scholarship Essay Contest Details
Sharps' essay contest is open to all students who have been accepted to or are currently enrolled in an accredited university in healthcare related studies. We will be awarding three prizes to the top three essays chosen by our panel of judges.
Accepting essays beginning: April 12, 2021
Entry deadline: May 31, 2021
Winners will be announced: June 22, 2021
- First Prize: $1,500
- Second Prize: $1,000
- Third Prize: $750
Topic: COVID’s Impact on the Long-Term Care Industry
The COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately impacted nursing homes and other long-term care facilities due to high mortality rates among their residents, staffing shortages, and infection control issues. Proper segregation of pharmaceutical and regulated medical wastes within these settings is highly regulated but difficult to execute during a pandemic when staff is directing their attention elsewhere. Explore current recommendations and requirements for regulated waste management in the long-term care industry and how facilities can create consistent, simple, and compliant waste segregation methods.
To be eligible to win Sharps’ scholarship, you must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen and have been accepted to, or be currently enrolled full-time as an undergraduate, in an accredited university for the Fall 2021 semester in healthcare-related studies. Proof of enrollment of Fall semester is required.
Rules and Regulations
- There is no entry fee or cost to the writer. No funds will be solicited by Sharps Compliance, Inc., now or at any time in the future with regard to this scholarship.
- The scholarship is not open to persons, or relatives, previously or currently affiliated with Sharps Compliance, Inc., in any capacity.
- All essays submitted become property of Sharps Compliance, Inc.
- Submissions must be 1,250 to 1,500 words.
- Essays are to be submitted with a signed copy of this form.
- You may submit your essay via email to [email protected] or by mail to Attn: Michele Guzman, Sharps Compliance, Inc., 9220 Kirby Drive, Ste. 500, Houston, TX 77054.
- Cash prizes will be made payable to individual first, second and third place winners.
- Sharps Compliance Inc. reserves the right to pay cash prizes directly to the winner's university.
- The essays will be judged by a panel of individuals selected by Sharps Compliance Inc., whose decisions are final. No discussions or rationale for their decision will be given.
- Please include contact information, as winners will be contacted via phone or email.
- All sources must be cited properly in order to be eligible to win.
- Sharps Compliance has the right to publish the winning essay on their website.
Direct any questions you may have to [email protected]
For additional resources, try Cappex Scholarships.