Spring 2021 Scholarship Essay Contest Details (CLOSED)
Sharps' essay contest is open to all students who have been accepted to or are currently enrolled in an accredited university in healthcare related studies. We will be awarding three prizes to the top three essays chosen by our panel of judges.
Accepting essays beginning: October 19, 2020
Entry deadline: Closed
Winners will be announced: December 8, 2020
- First Prize: $1,500
- Second Prize: $1,000
- Third Prize: $750
Topic: Post-COVID Medical Waste Regulations
Discuss the future implications for the regulated medical waste industry in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Relying on epidemiological projections from reputable sources, explore what the future looks like for the regulated medical waste industry. Frame your commentary within a holistic perspective, taking into consideration what an endemic disease to the U.S. means for wastes generated from preventatives (vaccines), therapeutics (medicines), as well as patient care.
To be eligible to win Sharps’ scholarship, you must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen and have been accepted to, or be currently enrolled full-time as an undergraduate, in an accredited university for the Spring 2021 semester in healthcare related studies. Proof of enrollment of Spring semester is required.
Rules and Regulations
- There is no entry fee or cost to the writer. No funds will be solicited by Sharps Compliance, Inc., now or at any time in the future with regard to this scholarship.
- The scholarship is not open to persons, or relatives, previously or currently affiliated with Sharps Compliance, Inc., in any capacity.
- All essays submitted become property of Sharps Compliance, Inc.
- Submissions must be 1,250 to 1,500 words.
- Essays are to be submitted with a signed copy of this form.
- You may submit your essay via email to [email protected] or by mail to Attn: Michele Guzman, Sharps Compliance, Inc., 9220 Kirby Drive, Ste. 500, Houston, TX 77054.
- Cash prizes will be made payable to individual first, second and third place winners.
- Sharps Compliance Inc. reserves the right to pay cash prizes directly to the winner's university.
- The essays will be judged by a panel of individuals selected by Sharps Compliance Inc., whose decisions are final. No discussions or rationale for their decision will be given.
- Please include contact information, as winners will be contacted via phone or email.
- All sources must be cited properly in order to be eligible to win.
- Sharps Compliance has the right to publish the winning essay on their website.
Direct any questions you may have to [email protected]
For additional resources, try Cappex Scholarships.