Spring 2019 Scholarship Essay Contest Details
Sharps' essay contest is open to all students who have been accepted to, or are currently enrolled in an accredited university in healthcare related studies. We will be awarding three prizes to the top three essays chosen by our panel of judges.
Spring 2019 Scholarship Essay Contest Winners
- 1st place – Eric S. – Boston University
- 2nd place – Sabrina K. – Gannon University
- 3rd place – Christine C. – California State University
To be eligible to win Sharps' scholarship, you must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen and have been accepted to or be currently enrolled full-time as an undergraduate, in an accredited university for the Spring 2019 semester in healthcare related studies. Proof of eligibility may be required.
Sustainability is a buzzword in today’s economy. This is specifically true as sustainable practices relate to recycling of items, especially in the healthcare industry. Hospitals and care systems that pursue sustainability initiatives find benefits in multiple areas. Their efforts contribute to a healthier environment, improve the organization’s public perception, and can help their local communities.
The most recent push for healthcare sustainability through a recycling initiative is in single-use medical devices used in patient care. Please describe how the recycling of these items contribute to healthier communities – including reduced pollution and reduction of raw material use (in manufacturing).
Rules and Regulations
- There is no entry fee or cost to the writer. No funds will be solicited by Sharps Compliance, Inc., now or at any time in the future with regard to this scholarship.
- The scholarship is not open to persons, or relatives, previously or currently affiliated with Sharps Compliance, Inc., in any capacity.
- All essays submitted become property of Sharps Compliance, Inc.
- Submissions must be 1,250 to 1,500 words.
- Essays are to be submitted with a signed copy of this form.
- You may submit your essay via email to email@example.com or by mail to Attn: Michele Guzman, Sharps Compliance, Inc., 9220 Kirby Drive, Ste. 500, Houston, TX 77054.
- Cash prizes will be made payable to individual first, second and third place winners.
- Sharps Compliance Inc. reserves the right to pay cash prizes directly to the winner's university.
- The essays will be judged by a panel of individuals selected by Sharps Compliance Inc., whose decisions are final. No discussions or rationale for their decision will be given.
- Please include contact information, as winners will be contacted via phone or email.
- All sources must be cited properly in order to be eligible to win.
Direct any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org
For official entry form for contest click here
Fall 2018 Scholarship Essay Contest Winners
- 1st place: Kendra D. — Troy University
- 2nd place: Kendra W. — University of Rhode Island
- 3rd place: Eiman E. — University of Pennsylvania
For additional resources, try Cappex Scholarships.