We at Sharps Compliance offer quick and reliable disposal service of your medical waste. Our professional staff works with small- to medium-quantity generators, including physicians, dentists, labs, and long-term care facilities throughout the Pittsburgh area. Let us handle the treatment and transport of all of your medical waste.
Our Pennsylvania waste disposal facility is located in Nesquehoning and has the capacity to process up to 41 tons of medical waste every day. In order to meet the regular needs of each of our customers, Sharps can offer both mailback services or traditional pickup services. All waste is delivered straight to our facility in Nesquehoning for proper treatment.
Pennsylvania Areas We Serve
Not only do we service the entire Pittsburgh area, but we offer transfer stations all throughout the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Our service area encompasses the Greater Pittsburgh Regions of Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, Mercer, Mifflin, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, and Westmoreland.
How the State of Pennsylvania Defines Regulated Medical and Other Chemotherapeutic Waste
Please visit Pa. Code § 271.2 which describes medical waste, otherwise known as infectious waste, as:
- Human tissues (or pathological wastes)
- Human body fluids and blood waste
- Animal waste suspected or known to be infected with highly virulent or zoonotic diseases
- Human waste that has been isolated in order to shield others from highly virulent diseases
- Used sharps
- Chemotherapeutic waste not classified as hazardous waste
State of Pennsylvania Medical Waste Disposal Regulations
We encourage you to visit Pennsylvania Code Chapter 284, which contains regulations that govern the management of medical waste. This includes the segregation, containerization, storage, labeling, treatment, transport, tracking, and logging requirements. Utilize Sharps Compliance’s two decades’ worth of expertise and experience to assist you in keeping compliant with the Pennsylvania governing regulations with respect to proper disposal of medical waste.
By using our in-house online tracking system, aptly named SharpsTracer, we give you the ability to access and print your proof of receipt with weights and method of final destruction of waste. Access to these documents is available 24 hours a day. The information is securely stored online for five years with no added charge to you.
Why Choose Sharps Compliance?
We are the premier choice for all of your medical waste management needs. Our clients know that when they call us, we provide them a complete medical waste disposal program, including:
- Prices that are transparent and affordable
- Excellent customer service
- Access to our regulatory experts on staff
- DOT and OSHA-required training
- Our online tracking that is passcode-protected
- Proper waste identification and minimization – saving your facility money in addition to keeping you in compliance
- Assurance that "30-days once full" storage requirements are always met
- Proper transport of waste and detailed logs/shipping of papers
- Two options of disposal: mailback and pickup
When you switch to Sharps Compliance, you will discover the benefits of being a valued Sharps Compliance customer. Call us at 724.218.7062 to request a free quote for Pittsburgh medical waste disposal services.