Careers at Sharps Compliance
We are always on the lookout for sharp new talent to add to our team. Please browse through our available job opportunities to see if a current opening is of interest.
Location: Nesquehoning, PA
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Responsible for operating and maintaining the facility equipment in regards to the treatment process as well as receiving and shipping of materials and products in accordance with company policy’s.
- Ensures timely and accurate shipping and receiving of materials and products.
- Operate and monitors facility equipment to ensure accuracy and efficiency while maintaining the appropriate safety precautions.
- Routinely performs required preventative maintenance on facility equipment as well as maintains proper documentation and logs on such equipment.
- Maintain overall cleanliness of the facility including work areas, offices, restrooms, and grounds around the main building and outside structures.
- Perform administrative duties as necessary and as assigned.
- Provide facility management with necessary information and documentation as assigned on facility activities.
- Effectively communicate with other departments to ensure accurate operations and recordkeeping.
- Make appropriate recommendations regarding organization, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Works in conjunction with manager on special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). One year related experience or training, or combination of experience and training, demonstrating strong communication skills and tact
- Position requires extensive lifting, walking, standing, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrates knowledge of scanning and basic computer skills
- Demonstrates the ability to understand Hazardous Materials and OSHA regulations
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug testing.
Location: Nesquehoning, PA
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support for the facility.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail and processes outgoing mail.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Sets up conference calls when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3 years’ office/clerical experience.
- Computer literate with minimum of 2 years working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Typing experience with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and deadlines.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively.
Inside Sales RepresentativeMedical Professional Market
The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for prospecting and closing new business for Sharps Compliance solutions in the Medical Professional Market. The program will include outbound calling as well as fielding inbound sales opportunities generated from prospective customer inquiries (telephone and Website inquiries).
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the following:
- Take the initiative to learn the business (Company solutions and services) and customer base within fourteen (14) days of hiring
- Follow a standard Sales process and generate new business on a daily basis
- Make 350-500 prospecting calls per week
- Report on activity on a daily/weekly basis to Team Leader/Director of Sales
- Continue education and discover new avenues to continue new business generation
- Provide team members with frequent and appropriate feedback on performance and areas of improvement
- Create and manage an organized call plan for daily sales activities
- Continue education in professional sales and regulatory regulations
- Additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned by the Director of Sales
- Must pass a drug and criminal background test
- An experienced professional capable of attaining and exceeding quota
- Minimum 2 years call center experience making outbound calls
- Business-to-business sales experience
- Sales experience and skills to include demonstrated closing skills
- Ability to establish, meet and report on goals and associated attainment
- Prior attendance at formal sales training courses considered a strong plus
- Previous ability to attain and exceed quota
- Develops creative yet workable solutions to difficult, complex problems
- Excellent communications skills with ability to make presentations to customers via phone
- Organizational skills for proper territory planning/management
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone skills supported by strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team structure
- Ability to learn and retain product specific information as it pertains to the position
- Must pass background check, pre-employment drug screen and reference check. Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or appropriate combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two (2) years call center experience making outbound calls
- B2B Sales
- Knowledge of Medical Waste or similar business, a plus
Computer Software Skills:
- All Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc..)
- Typing minimum 25wpm