We are always on the lookout for sharp new talent to add to our team. Please browse through our available job opportunities to see if a current opening is of interest.
CLINICAL SPECIALIST – Strategic Regulatory Customer Compliance
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Sharps is a leading full-service provider of cost-effective waste management solutions for the healthcare industry. The Company markets its solutions to the healthcare industry as well as pharmaceutical manufacturer, long-term care and professional.
This position calls for an outgoing, energetic, and articulate healthcare professional with significant clinical experience who is looking for an exciting opportunity where they can develop a new career utilizing their existing background. The successful candidate will receive significant mentoring and training from the Company’s Director of Environmental Health and Safety.
The Clinical Specialist – Customer and Sales Support professional will be trained, mentored and ultimately responsible for developing, maintaining and promoting policies, procedures and training necessary to ensure healthcare customer compliance with OSHA, DOT, USPS, and DEA, as well as state medical and pharmaceutical waste regulations and ordinances.
- Provide education, regulatory and compliance support to our customer base across the country.
- Perform the necessary research to be able to assist customers with their issues, question or problems.
- Support Sales and Marketing within the Company including the delivery of presentations to customers, for educational programs, and at various seminars and conferences. Coordinate the development of training modules for the Company Sales force to enable them to conduct appropriate medical and pharmaceutical waste presentations with authority/credibility.
- Support the Sales and Customer Support functions as an internal expert on regulatory and waste segregation and minimization issues that support the sale of the Company’s medical and pharmaceutical waste solutions and services.
- Provide technical expertise, interpretations, and support as needed to support regulatory, health and safety issues impacting the business.
- With significant support and training, become an expert in all regulations applicable to the Company’s operations and product offerings including OSHA, individual state departments of the environment, RCRA, USPS, DOT, DEA, EPA and FDA.
- Develop and present seminars on medical and pharmaceutical waste management, Bloodborne Pathogens, and other OSHA standards for customers and Company facilities.
- Contact regulatory agencies including OSHA and state departments of environment for written interpretations on both internal and customer inquiries and/or other issues.
- Educate and work with regulators on mailback and pickup service medical waste regulations, medical and pharmaceutical waste management plans and the like.
- Review and edit copy for IFUs and product labeling; and assure regulatory and risk management accuracy.
- Write blogs and publish articles regarding state medical and pharmaceutical waste management.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in healthcare field such as nursing.
- Clinical Experience required and familiarity with OSHA program management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the healthcare industry.
- Proven successful people management experience within a professional environment as demonstrated through the exceeding of team and client goals and objectives and through specific team member development.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills within all levels of the organization.
- Must have detailed organization and prioritizing skills with the ability to train, teach, demonstrate and follow-up on all assignments, when necessary.
- Proven track record in interpreting and following technical instructions and completing assignments in a timely manner demonstrating a sense of urgency.
Inside Sales RepresentativeMedical Professional Market
The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for prospecting and closing new business for Sharps Compliance solutions in the Medical Professional Market. The program will include outbound calling as well as fielding inbound sales opportunities generated from prospective customer inquiries (telephone and Website inquiries).
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the following:
- Take the initiative to learn the business (Company solutions and services) and customer base within fourteen (14) days of hiring
- Follow a standard Sales process and generate new business on a daily basis
- Make 350-500 prospecting calls per week
- Report on activity on a daily/weekly basis to Team Leader/Director of Sales
- Continue education and discover new avenues to continue new business generation
- Provide team members with frequent and appropriate feedback on performance and areas of improvement
- Create and manage an organized call plan for daily sales activities
- Continue education in professional sales and regulatory regulations
- Additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned by the Director of Sales
- Must pass a drug and criminal background test
- An experienced professional capable of attaining and exceeding quota
- Minimum 2 years call center experience making outbound calls
- Business-to-business sales experience
- Sales experience and skills to include demonstrated closing skills
- Ability to establish, meet and report on goals and associated attainment
- Prior attendance at formal sales training courses considered a strong plus
- Previous ability to attain and exceed quota
- Develops creative yet workable solutions to difficult, complex problems
- Excellent communications skills with ability to make presentations to customers via phone
- Organizational skills for proper territory planning/management
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone skills supported by strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team structure
- Ability to learn and retain product specific information as it pertains to the position
- Must pass background check, pre-employment drug screen and reference check. Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or appropriate combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two (2) years call center experience making outbound calls
- B2B Sales
- Knowledge of Medical Waste or similar business, a plus
Computer Software Skills:
- All Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc..)
- Typing minimum 25wpm