We are always on the lookout for sharp new talent to add to our team. Please browse through our available job opportunities to see if a current opening is of interest.
Clinical Waste Regulatory Consultant
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Sharps is a leading full-service provider of cost-effective management solutions for used healthcare materials and unused dispensed medications. The Company focuses on targeted growth markets such as federal, state and local governments, the pharmaceutical industry, as well as home health care, retail and professional markets. Sharps is a leading proponent and participant in the development of public awareness and solutions for the safe disposal of needles, syringes and other sharps as well as unused pharmaceutical in the community setting.
The Clinical Waste Regulatory Consultant will be responsible for developing, maintaining and promoting policies, procedures and training necessary to ensure Company and customer compliance with federal, state and local OSHA, environmental health and safety codes, medical and pharmaceutical waste regulations and ordinances.
- Responsible for compliance in all 50 states, in all areas of healthcare.
- Work with Sales and Marketing across the company (to include the delivery of presentations to customers, for educational programs, and at various seminars and conferences). Coordinate the development of training modules for the Sales force to enable them to conduct safety and medical waste presentations with authority/credibility.
- Support the Sales and Customer Support functions as an internal expert on regulatory and waste segregation and minimization issues that support the sale of the Company’s medical and pharmaceutical waste solutions and services.
- Provide technical expertise, interpretations, and support as needed to support regulatory, health and safety issues impacting the business.
- Become an expert in all regulations applicable to the Company’s operations and product offerings including OSHA, individual state departments of the environment, RCRA, USPS, DOT, DEA, EPA and FDA.
- Develop and present seminars on medical and pharmaceutical waste management, Bloodborne Pathogens, and other OSHA standards for customers and Company facilities.
- Contact regulatory agencies including OSHA and state departments of environment for written interpretations on both internal and customer inquiries and/or other issues.
- Educate and work with regulators on mailback and pickup service medical waste regulations, medical and pharmaceutical waste management plans and the like.
- Review and edit copy for IFUs and product labeling; and assure regulatory and risk management accuracy.
- Write blogs and publish articles regarding state medical and pharmaceutical waste management.
- Perform hazard assessments and safety audits for all Company locations.
- Update occupational safety and health policies and procedures for both internal and customer use.
- Develop and present annual and new employee safety training programs for all Company locations.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in healthcare, environmental, or safety-related field.
- Clinical Experience required and OSHA program management or consulting preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience within healthcare or Environmental Health and Safety compliance field.
- Proven successful people management experience within a professional environment as demonstrated through the exceeding of team and client goals and objectives and through specific team member development.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills within all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that applies to safety and health.
- Must have detailed organization and prioritizing skills with the ability to train, teach, demonstrate and follow-up on all assignments, when necessary.
- Proven track record in interpreting and following technical instructions and completing assignments in a timely manner demonstrating a sense of urgency.
Inside Sales RepresentativeMedical Professional Market
The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for prospecting and closing new business for Sharps Compliance solutions in the Medical Professional Market. The program will include outbound calling as well as fielding inbound sales opportunities generated from prospective customer inquiries (telephone and Website inquiries).
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the following:
- Take the initiative to learn the business (Company solutions and services) and customer base within fourteen (14) days of hiring
- Follow a standard Sales process and generate new business on a daily basis
- Make 350-500 prospecting calls per week
- Report on activity on a daily/weekly basis to Team Leader/Director of Sales
- Continue education and discover new avenues to continue new business generation
- Provide team members with frequent and appropriate feedback on performance and areas of improvement
- Create and manage an organized call plan for daily sales activities
- Continue education in professional sales and regulatory regulations
- Additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned by the Director of Sales
- Must pass a drug and criminal background test
- An experienced professional capable of attaining and exceeding quota
- Minimum 2 years call center experience making outbound calls
- Business-to-business sales experience
- Sales experience and skills to include demonstrated closing skills
- Ability to establish, meet and report on goals and associated attainment
- Prior attendance at formal sales training courses considered a strong plus
- Previous ability to attain and exceed quota
- Develops creative yet workable solutions to difficult, complex problems
- Excellent communications skills with ability to make presentations to customers via phone
- Organizational skills for proper territory planning/management
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone skills supported by strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team structure
- Ability to learn and retain product specific information as it pertains to the position
- Must pass background check, pre-employment drug screen and reference check. Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or appropriate combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two (2) years call center experience making outbound calls
- B2B Sales
- Knowledge of Medical Waste or similar business, a plus
Computer Software Skills:
- All Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc..)
- Typing minimum 25wpm