Make Sharps Compliance your trusted biohazardous medical waste management partner. We can help you comply with Arizona's many biohazardous and pharmaceutical waste handling and disposal regulations. The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality recommends us as a medical sharps mailback provider. Our custom medical waste disposal solutions provide everything you need for the safe containment, storage, and transportation of biohazardous waste and pharmaceutical waste.
Federal regulatory agencies use the term "regulated medical waste" (RMW), while Arizona regulatory bodies use the word "biohazardous." Both terms refer to healthcare wastes that are contaminated with blood or other potentially infectious materials, including bodily fluids and pathological and microbiological specimens.
Our Tempe, AZ office serves the Phoenix metro area as well as other Arizona cities, including:
- Prescott Valley
- Lake Havasu City
Call our Arizona office at 480.824.7166 to speak to a representative or request a free quote online.
Let Sharps Compliance Help You Comply with Arizona Regulations
Even small biohazardous waste generators in Arizona are subject to state and federal RMW management and disposal regulations. For instance, Arizona has specific regulations covering the handling and disposal of biohazardous waste created during the tattooing process. State and federal regulations also apply to medspas, hospitals, physician offices, dental offices, veterinarians, funeral homes, long-term care facilities, urgent care facilities, and even crime scene clean-up companies.
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality reminds all biohazardous medical waste generators of their responsibilities:
"As a generator you are ultimately responsible for your waste from generation to treatment, therefore it is vital that you understand state rules, codes, and regulations for biohazardous medical waste to ensure your business is in compliance. A major component in helping to protect yourself as a generator is to choose a reputable biohazardous medical waste transporter that is registered with ADEQ. This registration means that their Transportation Management Plan (including waste transport procedures, personnel training, and business registration) has been reviewed and approved by ADEQ."
Sharps Compliance has over 25 years of experience with the safe handling, storage, disposal, and treatment of biohazardous medical and pharmaceutical wastes. Our medical waste experts monitor all local, state, and federal regulatory changes to ensure that our system is always up to date. We handle the details so you and your staff can focus on your patients and clients.
Custom Solutions for Arizona Biohazardous Medical Waste Generators
We work with you to design a custom medical waste disposal solution that fits your needs and budget. You can schedule on-site pickups or use our mailback disposal systems to send sharps waste, red bag waste, and pharmaceutical wastes to our treatment facilities. We offer safe, regulatory-compliant treatment and disposal.
Our medical waste storage and transportation services include:
- Mailback options: Our TakeAway Recovery systems are all-inclusive disposal systems containing a collection receptacle, packaging materials, and a prepaid, pre-addressed return shipping box for facilities to store and ship smaller quantities of sharps and used healthcare products for disposal.
- Pickup services: Facilities that generate larger quantities of medical waste can use our DOT-compliant pickup service for transportation and treatment of wastes.
- Cytotoxic pharmaceuticals: We provide specialized disposal services for facilities that handle chemotherapy or other cytotoxic drugs and chemicals. Our TakeAway Recovery Systems for Trace Chemo/Cytotoxic Drugs are specialized solutions that support the regulatory-compliant collection, transport, tracking, and treatment of contaminated syringes, needles, empty vials, tubing, PPE, and other items.
Many small and medium-sized medical waste generators may want to take note of one Arizona regulation (R18-13-1408 Section C-2) that concerns storage limits for biohazardous waste:
Beginning at the time the waste is set out for collection, a generator may keep putrescible biohazardous medical waste unrefrigerated if it does not create a nuisance for not more than seven days. If waste is refrigerated at 40° or less, then it may be stored for up to 90 days.
Put the Sharps Compliance Advantage to Work for You
Sharps Compliance is the partner you can trust. We can help you comply with regulatory requirements and manage your cradle-to-grave responsibilities. Our team monitors proposed rule changes, finalized rules, and updates our system to reflect all changes.
Our full-service pharmaceutical, medical, and hazardous waste disposal services include:
- Robust customer service: Contact us by phone, email, or online chat.
- Transparent pricing: You'll never have to worry about hidden fees or surprise surcharges.
- Convenient training: Compliance Trac's online training modules are available 24/7. Use them to access OSHA and Medicare-required training on your own schedule.
- Access to "The Hub:" Our online regulatory resource gives you easy access to all regulations and safety documents.
- Online waste tracking: SharpsTracer is an interactive, web-based tracking and analytical program. Use it to track and verify the receipt and treatment of returned materials.
- Transportation: DOT-compliant transport of waste and shipping documents.
- Cradle-to-grave tracking: Records are stored online for five years.
We also assist with the correct identification of wastes. Proper medical, pharmaceutical, and hazardous waste classification and segregation can save you money on disposal costs and keep your facility in compliance.
Ready to get started?
Our Phoenix-area office is located at 316 S Price Road, Tempe, AZ 85281. Call us today at 480.824.7166 to request a free quote for biohazardous medical waste disposal services in Arizona.