Fall 2015 Scholarship Essay Contest Details
Sharps' essay contest is open to all students who have been accepted to, or are currently enrolled in an accredited university in healthcare related studies. We will be awarding three prizes to the top three essays chosen by our panel of judges.
Accepting essays beginning: March 1, 2015
Entry deadline: June 15, 2015
Winners will be announced: July 15, 2015
Fall 2015 Scholarship Essay Contest Winners
First Prize: M. Wilson - Rice University
Second Prize: A. Smith - University of Texas at Austin
Third Prize: A. Daniel - St. John’s University
To be eligible to win Sharps’ scholarship, you must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen and have been accepted to or be currently enrolled full-time as an undergraduate, in an accredited university for the Fall 2015 semester in healthcare related studies. Proof of eligibility may be required.
Topic: Medical Waste Disposal Best Practices
Compare and contrast the different current forms of medical waste disposal, and determine which method is best suited from an environmental standpoint. Cite sources and present your recommendation.
Rules and Regulations
- There is no entry fee or cost to the writer. No funds will be solicited by Sharps Compliance, Inc., now or at any time in the future with regard to this scholarship.
- The scholarship is not open to persons, or relatives, previously or currently affiliated with Sharps Compliance, Inc., in any capacity.
- All essays submitted become property of Sharps Compliance, Inc.
- Submissions must be 1,250 to 1,500 words.
- Essays are to be submitted with a signed copy of this form.
- You may submit your essay via email to email@example.com or by mail to Attn: Michele Guzman, Sharps Compliance, Inc., 9220 Kirby Drive, Ste. 500, Houston, TX 77054.
- Cash prizes will be made payable to individual first, second and third place winners.
- Sharps Compliance Inc. reserves the right to pay cash prizes directly to the winner’s university.
- The essays will be judged by a panel of individuals selected by Sharps Compliance Inc., whose decisions are final. No discussions or rationale for their decision will be given.
- Please include contact information, as winners will be contacted via phone or email.
- All sources must be cited properly in order to be eligible to win.
Direct any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org
Official entry form for contest click here
Fall 2014 Scholarship Essay Contest Winners
$1,500 First Prize: L. Unrun - Oregon Health & Science University
$1,000 Second Prize: K. Yeh - University of Illinois at Chicago College of Nursing
$750 Third Prize: M. Bailey - Ohio State University
For additional resources, try Cappex Scholarships.