TakeAway Unused Medication Disposal
The TakeAway Environmental Return System™ is a secure, convenient, turnkey solution for proper treatment of unused patient medications, both prescription* and over–the–counter drugs.
*EXCLUDING CONTROLLED PRESCRIPTIONS (DRUGS)
TakeAway Unused Medication Disposal System Solutions:
TakeAway Environmental Return System EnvelopesA USPS solution (8"x11" envelope), is a unique, proven method for unused medication disposal from the home environment. Simply, follow the instructions for use – fill it, seal it, and return it via the U.S Postal Service for assured treatment and processing.
The larger UPS Takeaway medication disposal solution (11"x15" envelope) is ideal for a family or to facilitate the need to properly process greater quantities of unused patient medications. Simply, follow the instructions for use – fill it, seal it, and drop it off at your nearest UPS store, center or hand to a driver.
TakeAway Environmental Return System Drop-Off BoxThe drop-off systems are designed for use in pharmacies and other approved facilities. These systems are available in two convenient sizes: 10 and 20–gallon. A 40-gallon solution is available, please contact us to request more information.
TakeAway Environmental Return System Advantages
- Includes return shipping and handling
- Accepts both prescription medication and over-the-counter (OTC) products
- Processed by law enforcement officials
- Witnessed and assured treatment
- Offers online tracking via MedsTracer
- Complies with applicable regulations
CONTROLLED PRESCRIPTIONS (DRUGS) CANNOT BE USED WITH TAKEAWAY ENVIRONMENTAL RETURN SYSTEM ENVELOPES OR DROP-OFF SYSTEMS.Examples of controlled prescriptions (drugs) are:
Refer to the instructions for use for acceptable medications that can be used with this product. If you are unsure if your medications are controlled drugs, please ask your pharmacist, or go to deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules.
If you have controlled drugs, see the suggestions below for acceptable destruction alternatives:
- Provide to local law enforcement officials
- Provide to local take back program with law enforcement
- Review online destruction suggestions at WhiteHouseDrugPolicy.gov/publications/pdf/prescrip_disposal.pdf.
Contact Sharps for questions regarding these packaging requirements.