Unused Medication Disposal - MedSafe & TakeAway
Sharps Compliance is the leader in secure, convenient, turnkey solutions for proper disposal of unused medications, non-controlled substances and now controlled substances (schedule II-V).
MedSafe™ - Unused Medication Disposal System
Cost-effective Disposal of Patient Unused Medications – Including Controlled Substances. MedSafe is a solution for long-term care that allows the disposal of both non-controlled & controlled substances in one simple solution. For more information, visit our MedSafe site.
- Cost-effective and easy to manage system that meets DEA regulations
- Utilizes a collection receptacle, which is the DEA-preferred method for collection
- Comingled collection of controlled and non-controlled pharmaceuticals
- A common carrier is used to transfer the inner liners – allowing easy compliance with the 3-day rule in LTC
- Uses incineration, the DEA-preferred method for destruction of controlled drugs – rendering the drugs completely irretrievable
TakeAway Environmental Return System - Unused Medication Disposal
TakeAway Environmental Return System EnvelopesA USPS solution (8"x11" envelope), is a unique, proven method for unused medication disposal from the home environment. Simply, follow the instructions for use – fill it, seal it, and return it via the U.S Postal Service for assured treatment and processing.
The larger UPS Takeaway medication disposal solution (11"x15" envelope) is ideal for a family or to facilitate the need to properly process greater quantities of unused patient medications. Simply, follow the instructions for use – fill it, seal it, and drop it off at your nearest UPS store, center or hand to a driver.
TakeAway Environmental Return System Drop-Off BoxThe drop-off systems are designed for use in pharmacies and other approved facilities. These systems are available in two convenient sizes: 10 and 20–gallon. A 40-gallon solution is available, please contact us to request more information.
TakeAway Environmental Return System Advantages
- Includes return shipping and handling
- Accepts both prescription medication and over-the-counter (OTC) products
- Processed by law enforcement officials
- Witnessed and assured treatment
- Offers online tracking via MedsTracer
- Complies with applicable regulations
CONTROLLED PRESCRIPTIONS (DRUGS) CANNOT BE USED WITH TAKEAWAY ENVIRONMENTAL RETURN SYSTEM ENVELOPES OR DROP-OFF SYSTEMS.