Sharps Compliance Scholarship Essay Contest
Fall 2014 Scholarship Essay Contest Winners
$1,500 First Prize: L. Unrun - Oregon Health & Science University
$1,000 Second Prize: K. Yeh - University of Illinois at Chicago College of Nursing
$750 Third Prize: M. Bailey - Ohio State University
- First Prize: $1,500
- Second Prize: $1,000
- Third Prize: $750
To be eligible to win Sharps’ scholarship, you must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen and have been accepted to, or be currently enrolled full-time as an undergraduate, in an accredited university for the Fall 2014 semester in healthcare related studies. Proof of eligibility may be required.
Topic: Waste Segregation in Healthcare
With healthcare, there are many different types of waste. Proper segregation of these wastes is an important process to ensure the correct treatment for each classification. Describe the different wastes streams generated in the healthcare setting including safe methods of collection and proper treatment. Additionally, the cost-savings benefits of right classification and the negative outcomes from improper classification.
Rules and Regulations
- There is no entry fee or cost to the writer. No funds will be solicited by Sharps Compliance, Inc., now or at any time in the future with regard to this scholarship.
- The scholarship is not open to persons, or relatives, previously or currently affiliated with Sharps Compliance, Inc., in any capacity.
- All essays submitted become property of Sharps Compliance, Inc.
- Submissions must be 1,250 to 1,500 words.
- Essays are to be submitted with a signed copy of this form.
- You may submit your essay via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Sharps Compliance, Inc., 9220 Kirby Drive, Ste. 500, Houston, TX 77054, Attn: Michele Guzman.
- Cash prizes will be made payable to individual first, second, and third place winners.
- Sharps Compliance Inc., reserves the right to pay cash prizes directly to the winner’s university.
- The essays will be judged by a panel of individuals selected by Sharps Compliance Inc., whose decisions are final. No discussions or rationale for their decision will be given.
- Please include contact information, as winners will be contacted via phone or email.
- All sources must be cited properly in order to be eligible to win.
Direct any questions you may have to email@example.com
Spring 2014 Scholarship Essay Contest Winners
$1,500 First Prize: V. Arevalo - Baylor College of Medicine
$1,000 Second Prize: A. Wisekal - Tennessee Tech University
$750 Third Prize: N. Adamski - UCLA
For additional resources, try Cappex Scholarships.