Sharps Compliance Careers
We are always on the lookout for sharp new talent to add to our team. Please browse through our available job opportunities to see if a current opening is of interest.
Business Development Director
Responsibilities include generating leads, identifying, qualifying and securing large sales opportunities.
The successful candidate will strategically perform sales, coordinate in-services and technical discussions with potential clients, will prepare presentations and proposal documents in order to increase revenue, drive compliance, and facilitate further growth. They will also work collaboratively with the National Account Management to efficiently and effectively transition accounts once an initial partnership arrangement has been defined and contracts have been secured.
- Must be able to deliver well thought-out business plans as well as professional and impactful sales presentations.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing industry and market information.
- Attend relevant industry and corporate events as appropriate.
- Proactively sell educational integrated solutions to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a team-selling environment to execute account plans through the management and coordination of sales activities.
- Develop written documents when necessary, including client proposals, follow-up letters, and external communications.
- Conduct industry and competitive research before analyzing the collected data to develop actionable recommendations to increase sales revenue.
- Demonstrate the ability to present Sharps Compliance Inc.'s value to customers.
- Work with the Senior Leadership to determine the appropriate sales strategy for the target industries.
- Coordinate with marketing on efforts to make sure the department is connected and able to efficiently drive new business.
- Work closely with the sales team to efficiently and effectively transition accounts to National Account Management once an initial partnership arrangement has been defined and contracts have been secured.
- Coordinate with others on the business development team in order to increase overall revenue for the department when possible, even if the opportunity is not a corporate opportunity.
- Ability to identify and articulate opportunities to increase business.
- Demonstrate business development abilities.
- Strong organization, business, and functional knowledge.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong customer service orientation, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Experience in selling service solutions preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and computer skills required, as well as familiarity with Salesforce.com and other personal CRM solutions.
- Ability to work evening hours and travel overnight required.
- 7 – 10+ years of experience selling service-based solutions.
- Proven and consistent track record in successfully selling service based solutions.
- Proven track record in closing $1 million plus sales opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts into business terms.
- Strong technical understanding with experience in or familiarity with relevant industries and markets (distributors, managed care, retail pharmacy, government).
- Confidence and ability to work under limited supervision.
- Extensive training in complex selling techniques.
- Strong persuasive skills with the ability to positively influence and motivate others.
Inside / Field Sales Representative – Medical Waste Services Sales Experience
Inside / Field Sales Representative – SMALL QUANTITY GENERATOR (“SQG”) Market – Medical Waste Industry Experience
The Inside / Field Sales Representative (Medical Waste Services Sales Experience) will be charged with prospecting and closing new business for Sharps Compliance medical waste and used healthcare materials management solutions (mail-back and pick-up services) in the SGQ Market. The opportunity will include outbound calling as well as field sales activities within the Houston, TX and surrounding area. This Houston, TX based position based in reports to the Director of Sales and is accountable for achieving sales goals through the acquisition and development of new customers while meeting quota requirements.
Responsibilities of Inside / Field Sales Representative – Medical Waste SQG Market:
- Acquire new customers and meeting or exceeding goals for territory sales designed to achieve growth objectives via telephone and field sales calls; also making effective sales presentations. These duties include the entire sales cycle from prospecting, proposals, contracts, and contract renewals.
- Coordinate regulatory compliance issues with internal resources.
- Resolve problems and coordinate customer needs with Operations and / or Customer Service.
- Must maintain and update daily activities in company CRM system. Track all sales and sales origin in support of marketing initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested
Experience Requirements for Inside / Field Sales Representative - Medical Waste SQG Market:
- An experienced medical waste sales professional capable of attaining and exceeding quota
- Prior successful sales experience demonstrating excellent closing skills
- Ability to establish, meet and report on goals and associated attainment
- Develops creative solutions for complex customer needs
- Organizational skills for proper planning
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and telephone skills supported by strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team structure
- Ability to learn and retain product and solution specific information
Education and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Management
- Proven track record of sales for products and services in the medical waste industry
- Five or more years of successful sales experience in the medical waste industry
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must pass background check, pre-employment drug screen, and reference checking
Inside Sales RepresentativeMedical Professional Market
The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for prospecting and closing new business for Sharps Compliance solutions in the Medical Professional Market. The program will include outbound calling as well as fielding inbound sales opportunities generated from prospective customer inquiries (telephone and Website inquiries).
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the following:
- Take the initiative to learn the business (Company solutions and services) and customer base within fourteen (14) days of hiring
- Follow a standard Sales process and generate new business on a daily basis
- Make 350-500 prospecting calls per week
- Report on activity on a daily/weekly basis to Team Leader/Director of Sales
- Continue education and discover new avenues to continue new business generation
- Provide team members with frequent and appropriate feedback on performance and areas of improvement
- Create and manage an organized call plan for daily sales activities
- Continue education in professional sales and regulatory regulations
- Additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned by the Director of Sales
- Must pass a drug and criminal background test
- An experienced professional capable of attaining and exceeding quota
- Minimum 2 years call center experience making outbound calls
- Business-to-business sales experience
- Sales experience and skills to include demonstrated closing skills
- Ability to establish, meet and report on goals and associated attainment
- Prior attendance at formal sales training courses considered a strong plus
- Previous ability to attain and exceed quota
- Develops creative yet workable solutions to difficult, complex problems
- Excellent communications skills with ability to make presentations to customers via phone
- Organizational skills for proper territory planning/management
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone skills supported by strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team structure
- Ability to learn and retain product specific information as it pertains to the position
- Must pass background check, pre-employment drug screen and reference check. Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or appropriate combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two (2) years call center experience making outbound calls
- B2B Sales
- Knowledge of Medical Waste or similar business, a plus
Computer Software Skills:
- All Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc..)
- Typing minimum 25wpm